Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

A new month as the countdown towards Worlds continues.
It would've been easy to be bent out of shape over tomorrows race getting canceled w/ all the mental and physical prep I've put in this week but to quote the Happy Mondays that's"Stinkin' Thinking"and rather than dwell on the negative I can look forward to mile repeats instead tomorrow.
The one drawback of tomorrows race falling by the way side is it's another potentially fast race I've missed out on,I may have to rework next months race schedule to try and redress the balance,a conversation for "Dib" and I over the next few days.
An easy 5 miler this evening,the showers that had blighted most of the day had gone by the time I headed over to ''TCB"as I began to reconfigure my race schedule for what feels like the umpteenth time,it's a good job I write it in pencil!!!
Mile repeats tomorrow and an easy 5 miler to round out the week

4 comments:

dinklesnaps said...

There will be Elite mens 1500 race at West Chester henderson on 6/5 as part of the PA Distance Festival!

kevin f forde said...

Yeah,I saw that and were it not for the fact that I have a chance to do back to back 800s I'd be all over it!!!

dinklesnaps said...

So you're doing the 800 then?

kevin f forde said...

Yes,it's a unique chance to run back to back 800s a la the semis and finals at Worlds