Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Going To California


"Made up my mind to make a new start,going to California w/ an aching in my heart
Somedoby told me there's a girl out there w/ love in her eyes and flowers in her hair
Took my chances on a big jet plane,never let them tell you that they're all the same
The sea was red and the sky was grey,wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today
The mountains and the canyons started to tremble and shake as the children of the sun began to awake"
Going To California-Led Zeppelin
I'm two plane rides away from my 4th Outdoor Nationals since my 06 debut in Charlotte North Carolina.
After missing out last year at Oshkosh due to my achilles injury I'm eager to return to what I consider the high point of not only the summer but also my entire season,four days of competition,friends,team mates and great memories and this year the added ingredient,Sacramento is the host to next years Worlds so this is somewhat of a recon mission,to get used to the track,the stadium,downtown Sacramento etc.
It isn't lost on me that this time last year I was counting down the days to my return to training following my achilles injury,Monday July 27th,I can still recall my tentative first steps on the track that day hoping I could get through my mile warm up,mile, and mile cool down w/out pain and now a year later I'm about to tackle the 5,000m,800m,1,500m and 4x800m in four days.
I'm not sure if I'll have internet access while I'm in Sacramento,if I can post daily updates like I did in Boston I will,if not when I return next Monday I'll write a short entry b4 going into more detail next Tuesday.
Here's to Nationals and here's to my first west coast trip ever....I hope both are ready for me!

No comments: