Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Less Is More/Orange Crush

I've often said it's not in a runners DNA to subscribe to the "less is more" theory but sometimes you just have to know when to say "easy tiger"
Sunday was a rest day and thankfully so as the current heatwave began,I knew if yesterday was going to happen it would have to happen early.....and getting up at 10.30am shot that down as it was already 88 degrees and well on the way to 96 degrees.
I'd know for days that today and tomorrow were going to be close to 100 degrees and w/out the luxury of being able to run early to mid morning I was going to be sitting a few days out.

I don't enjoy missing training runs....then again I don't enjoy heat stroke either so for a few days I'm grounded,having put in a lot of miles since the turn of the year I think a few heat induced rest days won't hurt me,in fact it could help me in Sacramento in just over three weeks time.

Big shout out to Holland for reaching their first World Cup final since 1978 w/ a 3.2 win over Uruguay this afternoon,not only is Hobbes a happy kitty that his beloved"Dutch pussycats" have made the final but yours truly is looking like a champ having picked the"Orange Crush" as my dark horse to win,if my pick to win it all Spain reach the final tomorrow verses Germany I'll be faced w/ a dilemma in Sundays final,let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: