Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grin And Bare It

"I wasn't ready for this it isn't something you'd miss
I'm gonna spit every word so that my hate can be heard
It's for the M.B.L.A. I wish them cancerous decay
That puts an end to their days
You know I wish them all dead"
I Wish Them All Dead-The Wonder Stuff

I should point out that quoting The Wonder Stuff is usually tongue in cheek,Miles Hunt always has a way of making light of grim situations.
So why the"I Wish Them All Dead"lyrics??? for the third time since March my two coworkers conspired to fuck me over,cliff notes version Chris decided calling out was fair game since"Three Dollar Bill" was scheduled back from his week off.......only fly in that ointment was "Three Dollar Bill"never showed up.....and muggins here got lumbered w/ the workload load of three people for the third time in five months,tomorrow ought to be interesting between the bitchin' about left over work from today and the possible if any fall out from our boss,I hope they both get written up personally.

In keeping w/ the mindset that"less is more" this week I ran an easy 6 miler this evening,the good news is almost three weeks after a tree fell on the path along the second third of the course it's been moved....only took three weeks but hey!....the bad news, three quarters of a mile along the course another tree has fallen across the path and after circumnavigating that there's a giant fuck off puddle,seriously it was like the water jump of the 3,000m steeplechase out there this evening!!!,my shoes might be dry by tomorrow evening!

Finally after much anticipation the schedule for next week's Nationals has been published,my races are:Thursday 5,000m @10.30am,Saturday 800m @1.45pm.Sunday 1,500m @9.06am and if we run a 4x800m relay that's also Sunday @ 2.05pm or 2.20pm depending if we have 4 guys to run as GPTC or non club if we don't.
The issue of when the 5,000m would be ran has finally been addressed,there was talk of some of the 5,000m races being ran in the evening but that's not happening{I never thought it would}but more importantly for me there's no M45 800m prelims,if there had've been I was looking at a 5,000m at 10.30am and then an 800m at 1pm,thankfully I don't have to worry about that now.

This time next week I'll be getting my bag ready to fly out to Sacramento the following morning,but b4 then it's another easy 6 miler tomorrow,one day at a time.

No comments: