Saturday, July 10, 2010

Prayers For Rain

"Nothing is sacred so give me your soul,nothing is wasted on someone like you
Somebody killed me and tore out my heart my love,somebody killed me because of you
And there's nothing I can do the media made you,there's nothing I can do cause you don't exist,you don't exist
Just images of heaven that take me to hell,images of heaven of something to sell
Images of heaven"
Images of Heaven-Peter Godwin

In a week that saw me lose three days of training to excessive heat I wasn't about to lose another day to the rain so in spite of a steady downfall when I woke up at 8.20am I was out the door by 9.25am w/ jacket and baseball cap on to deal w/ it.
Running in the rain doesn't phase me,I don't view it as trying to earn"hard man"points although I am working on my"Iron Man"status......{to be fully explained at a later date}.
I do however feel you can "earn your stripes"on days like these and as tough as it was out there this morning on my way to a 67 minute 10 miler one of the thoughts that kept me going was in two weeks time in what I imagine to be sunny Sacramento I'll be able to draw strength both mentally and physically from days like today when no matter how miserable it was out there I stuck to the task at hand and got my miles in.

There is the oh so small matter of the World Cup Final tomorrow,I'm sticking w/ Spain my pick to win it all way back on June 11th when the tournament began but if Holland were to win it wouldn't brake my heart,after all they were my dark horse for this World Cup.
So another 10 miler on tap in the morning{w/out the rain I'm lead to believe}b4 settling in for the final and a piece of history, a new name on the World Cup trophy.

No comments: