Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ole Ole

A tip of my bandanna to Spain for becoming only the 8th country to win the World Cup this afternoon.
It wasn't the greatest of games but I doubt Spain give a toss,when all is said and done they are the World Champions until Brazil 2014.
Perhaps the biggest winner was South Africa,we've come a long way from the bad old days of apartheid and in this day and age it's hard to remember that it's only been the last 20 years that South Africa have been back in the fold of global sports.

After losing three days at the beginning of the week I was out there this morning for an all to rare Sunday morning 10 miler.
Unlike yesterday when I looked like a drowned Possum by the time I got done today was a beautiful sunny morning as I hit Cobbs Creek Parkway at 9.35am,but by the time I got done 65 minutes later I was drenched in sweat.....gotta keep that "zero body fat" somehow eh??

Final week of prep for Nationals kicks off tomorrow,hopefully the schedule for Sacramento will be published also.
Oh yeah,for those who love"The Beautiful Game" it's only 1,432 days till the next World Cup.......

No comments: