Saturday, July 17, 2010

Come A Long Way

Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open views
Inciting and inviting me limitless undying love
Which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on across the universe
Across The Universe-The Beatles

Across The Universe was picked as a Karen Gillan lyric obviously, but I feel I've travelled a long long way from the guy who huffed and puffed his way through a 6 miler on January 8th.
Since that redefining moment in my season I feel I've gone from strength to strength and today's 8 miler not only brought an end to my week but also my prep for Nationals.
Yes I'll run Monday,albeit a very easy 6 miler and Tuesday will be more ceremonial when I go to Franklin Field so in essence this was it for me for Nationals.

Out onto Cobbs Creek Parkway by 9.40am I also had the chance to brake in my new Asics Gel 105's,yes Asics and I are back in partnership,in fact I'm eyeballing a pair of Asics Hyper XCS to replace my current running flats which I'll put out to pasture after 5th Avenue Mile at the end of September.

Post run it was a case of running around doing pre Sacramento chores so that tomorrow I can enjoy a Fuck Off Day,feet up, going through my dvr and watching a bunch of shows I haven't had time to watch and also clearing space to dvr stuff while I'm away{including the season finale of Doctor Who}I also want to download some tunes for the ipod the time honoured Led Zep classic
''Going To California" seems like a no brainer don't you think?

Alright multitasking time,Philadelphia Union vs Toronto FC on Abc and San Jose Earthquakes vs Spurs on ESPN,life is good.

No comments: