Friday, July 9, 2010

What She Said

Another day to sing the praises of the makers of dri fit running clothes as I sweated bucket loads on my 62 minute 10 miler this evening.
I managed to dodge another potential thunderstorm this evening,at times the sky looked ominous and I kept waiting for the heavens to open,they didn't but w/ more thunderstorms in the five day forecast I may have to keep riding my luck to stay dry.

The powers that be at USATF say a schedule for Nationals should be available by Monday,there seems to be a debate as to when some of the 5,000m races will be held,it's possible some will be ran in the evening,I guess by Monday or Tuesday we'll know for sure.

After some debate I've decided to blog this,I've seldom been shy about voicing my opinion but this incident yesterday may well be one of the very few times in my life I was left speechless.
I'd commented on Wednesday how nobody had inquired to Chris and my well being after back to back 100 degree days,I'm not surprised by this in the winter when it's below freezing nobody bothers to see if we're ok but that doesn't make it right.
My initial reaction to seeing my boss in the doorway to my office was"did you take a wrong turn" it's the first time she's been up there since May 12th{I had to look that up in my diary}.
I bit my lip when she asked if Chris and I were ok....amazing now that it was 10 degrees cooler you could come up and inquire.....and then for THE work WTF moment of the year...........quote
"we were talking about you downstairs yesterday.....we figured as you run you're used to the heat,you've got what....zero body fat"......................
I was GOBSMACKED did you really just say that???so you can stand around and discuss the conditions on the dock downstairs in the storeroom where it's considerably cooler but you can't come up and check if Chris and I are ok???
And what about Chris?he doesn't run and no disrespect to Chris he isn't remotely close to "zero body fat"what was your rhetoric for him???

Like I said,flabbergasted doesn't come close to explaining how I felt and now you know why the other week I refused to break bread w/ them during annual inventory and why whenever they next have lunch downstairs even if I'm starving I'll refuse to join them,I'm greatly offended by that comment yesterday and a tad embarrassed that a comment so stupid was made.

No comments: