Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Ways To Go Yet....But It's Getting There

As I mentioned in my cliff notes last nite, my mile splits were 5.28.7-5.27.7-5.24.8-5.25.8.not earth shattering by any means but faster than anything I'd previously ran this year which while not saying alot does indicate I'm on the right track at least....no pun intended. I was this close to reducing each split,had I not "jumped the shark" on #3 w/ a 5.24.8. I would've only needed a 5.25. on #4 to pull that off for the first time in eons but it wasn't w/out trying I lost a second on lap 1 and 2 seconds on lap 3 as a result of fatigue and having to weave in and out of lane 1{why is Roxboro the king of inside lane walkers.....everytime I do repeats here I have to weave in and out of lane 1!!!} but closed in 73 seconds. Again it's laps #2 and #3 that need work 1.25-1.24,eliminate them and sub 5.20 is there. It's another 5 weeks b4 I'm scheduled to do mile repeats again but I look forward to my next crack at them in the same way I'm excited about Saturdays 6x600m repeats

No comments: