Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where's My Lucozade When I Need It?

For the first time since returning to training after my left achilles injury sidelined me from March 17th till April 4th I felt some discomfort yesterday. On a scale of one to ten I'm used to the discomfort level being a two but after getting to work walking felt uncomfortable,w/ hindsight I may need to take ice packs w/ me to Roxboro on Tuesday for my repeats,most days post workout I strap an ice pack on my achiles almost as soon as I'm out of the shower,the logistics of working out at Roxboro mean it's almost two hours after I'm done b4 said ice can be applied to my achilles,something to think about when I head out there next week. It's funny as a nipper back home Lucozade was a drink you had if you were sick{I vividly recall nursing a serious hangover after one particular drinking binge and almost crawling to the sweet shop around the corner to get a bottle of Lucozade in the hope it would help cure my"near death experience"} Fast forwarding 30 some years Lucozade has now become a major sports recovery drink just like Gatorade and Powerade,I recall my last London Marathon in 03 and being handed pouches of Lucozade during the race,I wonder if Lucozade will catch on here in the states?and for those of you running in other regions of the world what is your countrys sports recovery drink of choice..... No Guinness dosen't count for Ireland!!!!

No comments: