Monday, April 16, 2012

Titanic Days

Wow,100 years since the Titanic sunk off Newfoundland and over 1,500 passengers drowned in the icy waters of the Atlantic. Yes I did watch a lot of the tv coverage on National Geographical and the History Channel this weekend and also took in the rerelease of the 1997 movie to coinside w/ the anniversary. Wanna hear something freakishly "Twilight Zone"?not only did I see the movie on the very same night she struck the iceberg April 14th 100 years earlier but I arrived home at 11.40pm......the exact time RMS Titanic struck the iceberg......like I said Twilight Zoneish....... One final obsevation on the movie.....Kate Winslet NEVER looked as good as she did as Rose in the movie,and I still can't believe she didn't win the Oscar for best actress that year{it was Helen Hunt in As Good As It Gets} Away from the Atlantic I'm pleased to say I didn't go"Man Overboard"this weekend w/ my return to the ''Death Cage" 6x600m repeats,after an absence of almost a year {April 20th w/ my team mate Nick Berra} I returned to the repeat that helped shape my 800m races in 07/08/10. As I mentioned in my cliff notes on Saturday things went as well as could be expected,I went in hoping to keep all six below 1.50 and only #5 got away from me 1.51.1 and I relish my return to them next Saturday to see if I can lower my times from week #1. I rounded out my week w/ an easy/recovery 8 mile run yesterday,after the tempo run on the same course on Thursday it was nice to cruise along yesterday morning to end my week w/ 6days/40mpw the blue print for the next several weeks. New week,new challenges,mile repeats tomorrow at Roxboro, on the back of my ladder and "Death Cage" repeats last week I'm curious to see what my splits will be tomorrow.

No comments: