Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Two Minutes {And Twelve Seconds?}To Midnight

The quintessential "between a rock and a hard place" dilemma take a day off b4 my race or get any leftover gunk out of my legs from Sundays long run?????
Damned if I do,damned if I don't,the problem w/ not logging some miles on Monday is that I'm then "looking down the barrel" for weekly mileage,as it is off the back of an easy{and trust me the emphasis was on easy} 6 miler yesterday and 4 miles this evening built around warm up,race and cool down I'm looking at either a 10 miler on Wednesday OR back to back 5 milers Wednesday and Thursday to be on pace for another 40 mile week......equal parts runner and juggler I guess??!!

So my first outdoor 800m race in 22 months since the 2012 Outdoor National 800m final in Lisle and the first of three scheduled 800m races b4 this years Nationals in Greensboro in 5 weeks time,and like Thursdays 1,500m this is my last chance to log a seed time b4 the deadline for entries next Thursday.
Having ran  2.16.78 and 2.14.11 indoors in Febuary the natural progression would be to at least run a 2.12 tonite which while far from earth shattering would at least put me on the cusp of being "in the mix"
One major plus from that suicidal opening 43 second 300m in my 1,500m race  two weeks ago was a 65 second 400m split,it tells me there's some assemblance of leg turnover in these 50 year old legs still and if I could go 65/67 tonite for a 2.12 I'd be happy w/ that,anything slower will be a concern......anything faster will be very welcome,in rougly 12 hours I'll know where I'm at moving I hope forward at a decent pace........

No comments: