Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cool Cool Rain

First up I make no apologies for my recent Who kick,on a whim I dug out my Quadrophenia cd last week and they've become a staple on Spotify of late,the line "Cool Cool Rain" from "Love Reign O're Me" seemed fitting as the threat of rain on my 10 miler hung over me from start to finish of my run.

I was just happy to be out there running after putting in a 20 hour day on Tuesday in order to get my 800m race in,it would have been easy to play the fatigued and hungry cards yesterday as a vaild excuse not to run but I also knew once I set foot out the door I was golden and the satisfaction of taking care of business yesterday rather than have the run hanging over me going into today was a big enough carrot to entice me into my running gear and not taking a zen like attitude w/ my recliner when I arrived home.
It's been a while since I've logged a 10 miler but it'll be good practice for the fall when I up my weekly milage from 40 mpw to 50 mpw as my basebuilding schedule post 5th Avenue Mile leading me through cross county season into early December b4 dropping back down to 40 mpw and focusing on speed work heading into the 2015 Indoor track season.

68 degrees cooler than it has been this week and frankly a temprature I could live w/,the overcast clouds and omnipresent threat of rain kept the fairweather runner indoors which was fine by me less bodies to weave in and out of along the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Dr as i made my way out towards the St Joe's boathouse b4 making the turnaround and heading home.
A comfortable run and my weekly milage at 20 mpw w/ two rest days on tap now b4 tackling 5x100m on Saturday and my 14 mile Sunday long run giving me another 5 day 40 mile week,my taper is just around the corner after next week which means we're very much at the "business end" of prep for Greensboro and Nationals in 5 weeks time

No comments: