Monday, June 30, 2014

Because It's The {World}Cup

For the first time in eons{Feb 17th}my Sunday  long run wasn't a 12 or 14 miler.....gotta love the taper!!!!
Out by 1030am which meant I'd be back home by 12pm and the kick off between Holland and Mexico......
If you haven't sussed out by now everything revolves around the World Cup you haven't been paying attention,every four years I put almost everything on hold for both the Olympics and World Cup and after this weekends first four round of 16 games my long suffering neighbours are in no doubt about my passion for the "Beautiful Game"
Two dramatic penalty shoot outs, a late winner by Holland vs Mexico  and a masterclass by Colombia had yours truly up and down out of the recliner like a jack in the box both  Saturday and Sunday.

My 8 miler was notable only for giving me a 5 day 30 mile week although I would be remiss not to mention that both sides of the side walk along 37th and Spruce St are now fully in use after the construction project on the Wistar Institute is now complete which will save the bottleneck of pedestrian traffic down the  south side sidewalk I've had to contend w/ for however long they've been working on said project.

Another lower milage week on tap this coming week and even though the USA have their round of 16 match w/ Belgium tomorrow at 4pm I will make my way over to Germantown Academy for tomorrows meet at 6pm to run the mile........it takes a lot for me to pass on a World Cup game but w/ only 2 races to go b4 Nationals I owe it to all my hard work since March 10th to see this phase of my prep for Nationals through to its compleation World Cup or not

No comments: