Monday, June 2, 2014

A Stickler For The Rules

Off the back of a sub par performance on Thursday the last thing I really wanted to do was "lace em up" and run on Friday period,factor in only getting between 4 and 4.5 hours sleep and having repeats on tap for Saturday and you could see why the prospect of a 5.5 miler wasn't exactly pumping my nads when I got home around 4.10pm but having sat out Monday after Sundays DNF on the long run and gone w/ low mileage leading upto my race not to mention having had to bail on my cool down post race in order to get back to Penn Station in time for my 9.06 pm train I had no choice but to run if I wanted to log a 40 mile week.
Loathe as I was to having to do so I got and ran,why? well it was the right to do period and having lost out on a 40mpw the week b4 due to my bonk I really wanted to make sure things were back on an even keal this week besides I'm good for a couple of runs a season that I don't want to do but do anyway,it allows me to utter the time honoured mantra"the difference betwen standing on the podium or next to the podium at Nationals is the difference between getting out and running on a day you don't want to or not getting out there" and while I have no devine right to a podium place in seven weeks time it won't be for lack of heart and desire on my part.

Straight forward run out and back to the Art Museum along the Schuylkill Banks,felt weird to be out running on a Friday but you do what you have to do when you've got an eye on the prize,thankfully being knackered from only 4/4.5 hours sleep meant I didn't need to reign it in b4 Saturdays repeats,tomorroqw however is another day

No comments: