Monday, June 16, 2014

Swiss Time Not Running Out

World Cup or no World Cup I still had to get out and take care of business over 14 miles yesterday to complete another 5 day/40 mile week,w/ Nationals now about to become 4 weeks away and the time honoured three week taper about to kick in the week after next I only have two more Sunday long runs on tap till post Nationals.
Out just after 10.30am sunny and 68 degrees,wasn't sure how or if  Father's Day would effect the"flow of traffic" out on the run today.
 Just after the Art Museum I ran into my friend and team mate Neill Clark,I haven't seen Neill since we rode upto Syracuse almost 3 years ago for the Masters 5K C'ships although we've been in touch via trusty Facebook.
Neill was out running w/ his daughter and girlfriend and we ran alog together till Columbia Bridge b4 those guys headed off towards Belmont and I kept going north bound to Falls Bridge.

I said this last week but I'll miss the Sunday long run after next Sunday till July 27th by which time I would imagine the "dog days of summer" will be kicking in and then it'll become a war of attrition getting around the loop but that's for another day,that said the last two weeks post long run I have downed 2 pints of Strawberry Milk.....old habits die hard I guess, back in the day 1 pint was never enough for me!!!!!!!

Post run I could settle into my recliner to cop the second half of Switzerland verses Ecuador at the World Cup,in fairness I had nothing invested in either team other than wanting a good game and that's what I got,w/ the score 1.1 at 90 mins the  fourth official indicated 3 additional minutes and w/ 23 seconds left Switzerland scored the winner, joy for the Swiss,heartbrake for Ecuador, and the lesson here?.....it ain't over till it's over!

No comments: