Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Are You Ready To Rock?

Another easy 8 miler to keep things ticking over,unlike last week where I kind of shot myself in the foot by sitting out Mondays run to recover from the bonk on Sundays long run and then had to run an easy 6 miler the day b4 the 1,500m race{not that I'm blaming my performance on that} I made sure I took care of business Monday and Tuesday and could allow myself a rest day the day b4 this weeks 1,500m.
Of course me being me I had to find a way to "fuck up a Teddy Bears picnic" when I got home just after 4pm it was raining and while I got changed and stretched the grey skies showed no sign of abating so I figured baseball cap and rain jacket were the attire of the day......not long into my run the skies cleared the sun came out and I not only worked up a sweat that would've put a pig to shame but w/out a bandana to catch it sweat was now rollong off my forehead into my right eye,seriously switch my baseball cap for a sailors cap,stick a pipe in my gob I'd have looked like friggin Popeye out there!!!!!!!
For a nano second I considered making it a 6 miler to minimize the discomfort but not only do I consider cutting my daily milage total a cop out I also knew I'd have to make up those 2 miles later this week,if Thursday is like last week and I have to bail on my cool down in order to get back to Midtown to catch my train home that's 4 miles in the hole which means another run prior to Saturdays repeats,as it stands now if I do have short shift the 2 mile cool down I can add a mile to my warm up and cool down either side of my mile repeats.

I have committed to the 1,500m tomorrow,it's earlier in the schedule and not as lively as the 800m if last week was out of the frying pan into the fire tomorrows 800m would be the inferno by the look of  the status of entries,25 entries 20 of which are sub 2.00 w/ 1 apiece for 2.01/2.02.......yeah I'll wait till Tuesday if it's all the same guys!!!!
Having rolled the dice and come up short last week by throwing caution to the wind tomorrow I'll try to run a more controlled race early on and try to hit my splits at 400m and 700m to set myself for the bell lap at 1,100m and not go into the tank over the final 400m like I did last week,tomorrow not only represents my last chance to post a seed time for the 1,500m at Nationals but also my last 1,500m race b4 Nationals {I have a mile on tap on July 1st}......so no pressure to get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: