Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Believe That We Will Win

Ok so try as I might not to allow the World Cup to dictate my training yesterday was one such day where my schedule was determined by a game......but c'mon it was the first USA game and even though I've only lived here for coming up on 27 years and only been a citizen for the past 17 years when it comes to World Cup soccer I do bleed red white and blue for San's Army.

Had they not had the 6pm kick off vs Ghana I would have stopped off at Geasey Field on my way home to get a lie of the land for tomorrow's projected 6x600m repeats,I'd like to think in mid June the track should be open to the public in the mid afternoon period muchless having to schleep out to Bumblefuck{Roxborough} but if i crap out this afternoon then Bumblefuck it is tomorrow and tomorrows scheduled 8 miler will get pushed back to Thursday......when England play Uruguay at 3pm......so no running till 5pm then in that case......oi vay the hoops I go through to follow the beautiful game!!!!!!

Home just gone 4pm, stretched changed and out for an easy 6 miler,two things struck me as I made my way out to the friendly confinds of the Schuylkill Banks,the heat{87 degrees} and the lack of peeps out there running.
Now granted the heat may've had something to do do w/ that but it was also possible alot of people were either sitting in bars waiting for the USA Ghana kick off or at home either way the numbers out on the Schuylkill Banks were sparse compared to what they normally are around 5pm
As much as I wanted to get the run over w/ to get home for the game I also wanted to conserve energy for the 6x600m repeats tomorrow{fingers crossed}rumour has it we could be in the 90's tomorrow.....good prep from Greensboro and the 800m prelims on July 17th in 4 weeks time.

Ran taken care care of it was time to watch the game,2.1 to the USA and while it might be tad premature to be thinking about the round of 16 after only  one game ask any team who lost their opening game if they'd like to trade places w/ the USA and I know each country would pull my arm off to take that deal,one game at a time for the USA one day at a time for me as the quest for World Cup and Nationals continues.......

No comments: