Friday, June 27, 2014

Rolling Along Into The Round Of 16

Caution,it is said is the better part of valour and w/ that in mind I opted to wait a day to take care of my easy/recovery 6 miler.
On the back of a 21 hour day to run my 800m race in NYC on Tuesday and then only get 3.5 hours sleep b4 returning to work Wednesday I could be forgiven for feeling well and truly knackered and a little reluctant to lace em up when I got home from work at 4pm.
There was the suck it up and be done w/ it mindset throughout the day but there was also hearing the now sadly departed David Coleman's calling of the 84 Olympic 1,500m final in my mind where he said of Steve Ovett's decision to continue to run after throwing himself across the finishline in the 800m semi finals and then being taken out of the Olympic stadium on a stretcher after the final muchless his gutsy decision to compete in three rounds of the 1,500m w/ respirtory problems as being quote "prehaps too brave for his own good".
The last thing I needed now three weeks b4 Nationals was to trip and or injury myself out on a run when I was exhausted from the previous days excesses so I opted to wait till Thursday to run.

Sunny and 86 degrees when I made my way out along "the road well travelled" for my 6 miler,to be honest I was pretty much on "auto pilot" the entire run,Tuesdays 800m is behind me,the next target is Saturdays 4x1 mile repeats and after them I can begin to focus on Tuesdays mile race.......
It kind of sucks that I'll have to sacrifice the USA Belgium game now to race but World Cup or no World Cup I have to get this race in,fingers crossed when I get home post race to cop World Cup Tonite Mike Tirico and co and talking about a USA victory and a potential quarter final match up w/ Argentina......

No comments: