Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Making Hay While The Sun Still Shines

Given the 5 hour drive back from Saratoga not to mention a laundry list of "To Do" things upon my return I took Monday off which in the general scheme of things not the worst thing in the world,however in my on going attempt to"have my cake and eat it too" in order to wrap this week up by Saturday I now have to go: 10,10,9,12,14 Tuesday thro Saturday........it's doable and potentially well worth it to have Sunday off.........

Conditions were sunny and warm at 4.40pm as "once more w/ feeling" I made my way down the road well travelled on my trusty out and back 10 miler.....I feel I could run that course w/ my eyes closed which is a tad extreme but w/ the advent of the clocks going back this Sunday maybe not too far removed from reality......
65 degrees a very comfortable evening Saratoga was a bit of a wake up call on Sunday,a tad brisk first thing in the morning,thankfully the M50 race didn't go off till 12.45pm by which time things had warmed up nicely.....which given my lack of gloves, warm up bottoms etc was prehaps for the best!!!

Seldom one to "rest on my laurals" I need to put events of Sunday behind{although kind of hard when one of the local Saratoga papers the Daily Gazette had a photo of me closing in on the finish and mentioning me by name and my 8th place finish!!!!!}and focus on wrapping up my final week of off season training,it's fair to say things are about to change and I'll do justice to that over the next day or two,but even my next race in five weeks time now is different and so too my indoor schedule which I'm continuing to look at as the days unfold.

I'll go into more detail about my regular season during the week,safe to safe the plan to drop back down to 40mpw w/ 2 repeats has gone out the window...........
Stay Tuned!

No comments: