Tuesday, October 27, 2015

All Change At Crewe

Officially Sunday was the end of my six week "off season" 55mpw schedule,the plan heading into Monday Oct 26th was to drop back down to 40mpw mode w/ 2 repeats per week.......cue The Style Council's "My Ever Changing Moods".......

Following my surprise race in Saratoga I began to  contemplate the idea of sticking to 55mpw and just doing one repeat session per week,clearly the strength I've gained from my 55mpw was there for all to see in Saratoga so if I can marry that to some speed work starting this week I could be setting myself up nicely.
Back in 2010 when I upped my mileage to 60mpw it did wonders for my 2 mile,3,000m,5,000m track times not to mention my 5k road times w/out effecting my 800m/1,500m/mile times so why not have another crack at it.

Due to Indoor Nationals being in Albuqurque I WON'T be tackling the 3,000m due to the altitude HOWEVER I haven't ruled out the possibility of taking on a 3,000m during the Indoor Season infact my opening race of the Indoor Season at the NJ C'ships at Toms River on Jan 10th is scheduled to be a 3,000m,w/ the 55mpw under my belt I should be able to "hold my own" over 15 laps and wipe away the memory of the "horror show" that was 2012 Bloomington Indoor Nationals my last 3,000m.
While the dates for "Thursday Nite @ The Races" have been set the schedule is still TBA so I can't "flesh out" my Indoor Schedule just yet.....all in good time I do have 6 races scheduled between Jan 10th and Feb 7th b4 getting my taper in for March 5th & 6th and Albuqurque and Indoor Nationals.

Another change to my schedule is my next race,pre Saratoga I planned to return to Van Cortlandt Park in the Bronx to have a second crack at the Pete McCardle 15k xc after last years race.......however the day b4 in my own backyard so to speak is the Rothman 8k part of the Philly Marathon weekend.
Given I can roll out of bed at 6am and be on the starting line for 7.30am is a big factor in my switch up...not to mention an 8k road race over a 15k  tough xc course,long term Rothman will beat me up less than Pete McCardle.

W/ the upcoming season being my Ruby anniversary of track I feel it's time to "go back to basics" in 1976 my hero was Eamonn Coghlan and over the last few years I've gotten away from the mindset of wanting to emulate "The Chairman Of The Boards" so don't be surprised to see the Shamrock bandanna and Shamrock socks make a return along w/ a Green running uniform and most likely a return to Green Saucony Killkenny spikes.
Two of my eight Indoor races are "target races" over the mile,Hartshorne Masters Mile and Indoor Nationals let's see if I can tap back into "the spirit of Eamonn Coghlan" like I did in 2006 when running track become my focus......

No comments: