Thursday, October 8, 2015

Searching For {And Finding} The Quiet Life

After the historonics of both work and my run on Tuesday I could be forgiven for taping into my "Inner David Sylvian"and wanting "the quiet life"  yesterday......careful what you ask for,sometimes you might just get it!

Unlike Tuesday I wasn't knee deep in Plonkers at work.......just the usual level of bellends which after 16 years I can tackle in my sleep
As for my run I'd set 9 miles as my run du jour on account of Wednesday being date nite w/ my nearest and dearest,from a running stand point going 9,10,10,12,14 for the week would have been uniform and streamline but w/ little to no wiggle room this week I opted to make Wednesday the 9 miler as it would allow me a bit more time post run to get dinner ready.

For the first time in a while Peco Tower displayed the temprature....a comfortable 76 degrees  and I worked up a decent sweat out there last nite on my out and back to just b4 Columbia bridge.
Mercifully no incidents on tonites run the last thing I needed was some one or something ruining the tranquility of date nite,kinda hard to enjoy your Tomato Soup w/ Grilled Cheese and "The Brothers McMullen" after some pratt on a bike nearly takes you out by  blowing a red light but no such worries tonite.

29 down,26 to go.....I was here last week b4 the weekend got away from me I'm hellbent on taking care of business tonite over 12 miles and just needing to "go long" on Saturday to wrap up week 4 of my 6 week off season,I'd be "telling porkies" if I didn't say I'm already salivating at the thought of the 2016 track season period but being my 40th anniversary of track....while Ruby is considered the traditional 40th anniversary gift I'm not ready for my Ruby slippers just yet......still life in the old dog yet.....WOOF!!!

No comments: