Monday, May 26, 2008

Always Looking At The Bigger Picture

It would,ve been nice to take compleat advantage of the fact today was a holiday,however the only concession I made in that department was to run at lunch time and not first thing in the morning.
Having hauled myself back on schedule w/ not only 3 track workouts and 30 miles last week the last thing I needed today was to blow off the whole day and put myself in a hole early on,frankly it was never an option,one I,d worked out hard yesterday,I needed a recovery run to remove any gunk my legs may,ve retained from that period but also given tomorrow is another track workout I need to be at my sharpest,and secondly providing this week goes to plan by the time I finish my 1,500m race Saturday I should have 24 miles in for the week meaning a 6 mile cool down will give me my 30 miles for the week and a rest day on Sunday.....of sorts.
Granted I won,t have to run Sunday but by virtue of spending most of Saturday at Widner for the Mid Atlantic C,ships I,ll have domestic duties that need my attention,the fact I won,t have to fit in a training run around them will be a testimony to not only keeping one eye on the prize but the other eye on the bigger picture.
Nothing spectacular to report today,a nice easy five miler around Clark Park,on a day that marks the official begining of Summer and on a weekend that has seen the masses head to the shore or the mountains,do picnics or cookouts I did what I need to do for me,sandwich in a repeat on the track between two recovery runs,very much business as usual for someone who when it comes to the track is all business,need I point out Nationals is only 11 weeks away?I thought not

No comments: