Sunday, May 4, 2008

To The Beat Of My Own Drum

While the masses were running down Broad Street this morning I chose the path less traveled a 4 miler around Clark Park enjoying the relaxing sounds of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss "Raising Sand" on my ipod.
By virtue of doing a 6 miler after my 800m race yesterday not only did I only have to run 4 miles today but I,d also put myself back on schedule for a 30 mile week.
In 5 short weeks I,ve turned things around,I,ve religiously managed 3 track workouts each week be it 3 actual workouts or 2 workouts and a race,I,ve also logged weekly milage of 22 miles,31 miles,31 miles,25 miles and 30 miles,the coming week has already been mapped out,4x1 mile repeats tomorrow,easy 5 miles Tueday,3x1,200m repeats Wednesday,easy 5 miler Thursday,easy 3 miler Friday,1,500m race Saturday,easy 4 miler Sunday.
Spokane is 14 weeks away,yesterdays 2.03.07 800m has reinforced my beliefe that I,m heading in the right direction,a good performance and respectable 1,500m this Saturday at Widner will go a long way to helping me continue to prepare,to quote the great Roy Keane"failure to prepare,prepare for failure" and frankly failure is NOT an option.

No comments: