Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Sporting Life

I knew I wanted to be up at a reasonable hour this morning to crank out my 5 miler, I like most of my weekend training runs out of the way early so as not to have them hanging over me that they need to be done and today was no different.
Thanks to a smile from the sporting gods I was looking at the Championship soccer playoff final at 10am,Henieken rugby championship final at 12pm and Ricky Hatton vs Juan Lazcano boxing at 3.30pm,so it was important to be up and at it by 9.30am to knock out todays 5 mile recovery run first and formost b4 kicking back in my recliner for the next 8 hours and enjoying a feast of sport.
The run it,s self was straight forward, having just woken up I was hardly at my best but for a recovery run I didn,t have to be,granted the last two loops were a bit of a grind but I got through it and can ready myself for my 4x1 mile repeats at Roxboro tomorrow.
As for the sporting triple header,Hull beat Bristol City to join the soccer elite next season in the Premiership,Munster won their second European Club C,ship in three years and I,m fairly convinced"The Hitman"is going to beat Lazcano.......life is good.

No comments: