Sunday, May 25, 2008

See You In August

I hope today was the last of my journeys to Roxboro for track repeats,it,s not so much the hike it,s the attitude I have to put up w/ when I,m there,I swear to god these people have no concept of yeilding the inside lane to those who are actually working out,if I don,t return here till the annual end of season Wisahickon Wanderers track meet in August I for one will be happy w/ that.
Hoping to follow on from last Sundays 4.58,5.06,5.09,5.09 series I began the session w/ a 69 second opening 400m,and frankly I wasn,t trying to run that fast,slowing slightly over the next lap I clocked 1.20 b4 back to back 1.13s,4.55.69,very possibily the fastest mile repeat I,ve ever recorded.
I opened mile#2 w/ a 1.13 lap,sadly I have no clue to my 800m split thanks to some dumb kid who proceeded to dawdle in lane 1 as I reached the start finish line.....thanks!!!!!!3.52 at 1,200m and a 1.15 closing lap to clock5.07.66.
I opted for the shade of the far left corner of the track inbetween repeats, I wasn,t about to allow the heat to throw off my repeats also.
Mile#3 in keeping w/ how last weeks third mile went I opened w/ a 1.16 but unlike last week when I followed that up w/ splits of 1.17,1.21,and 1.15 to clock 5.09.77 today I went 1.20,1.21,69 to clock 5.06.13,I was aware of how fast I closed coming off the final turn,could I continue the trend of lowering repeats 3 and 4 unlike last week?
An opening 1.15 b4 slipping off pace slightly w/ a 1.22,I was already 4 seconds behind last weeks final mile,however unlike last week when a 1.26 cropped up on lap three today I clocked a more respectable 1.21.3.58 at the bell.
To close w/ a 68 some 15 400s after I,d opened w/ a 69 to me is impressive,5.06...and change I didn,t manage to stop my watch as I crossed the line,yeah!!!
Maybe it was all the angst and anger I,ve had this week,maybe it was the constant weaving in and out of people on the track today,or prehaps the knowledge that due to four meets in the next four weeks I won,t do another 4x1 mile repeat workout till June 28th that I recorded what I believe to be my fastest ever series of mile repeats.
The next 4 weeks represent a vital phase of my season,three of those meets are championship meets,Mid Atlantic May 31st,New Jersey June 14th,New York June 22nd I would expect my best times pre Spokane and Nationals to be ran then and I need to know I,m not only ready to run fast now.....but faster still come August 7th thro 10th.

No comments: