Saturday, May 17, 2008

What Is That Big Orange Ball In The Sky??!!!

I realize it,s a typically English/Irish trait to moan about the weather but dear god,to lose two workouts due to the rain in one week.................GER :(
One of the ironic things about yesterdays wash out was the date,May 16th I bring this up only because upon referencing the "Great Oracle"ie my diary I found last years entry,May 16th fell on a Wednesday and inspite of the rain I did indeed trek all the way out to Roxboro to conduct my 2x1,000m,why I didn,t yesterday is prehaps best left to psychcologists,if I,m being 100% honest here the issue of Coldplay tickets going on sale at 10am yesterday and not today{sidebar whos dumb arse idea was that???,how are the likes of me and I,m sure I,m not alone in this meant to score concert tixs going on sale on a week day????!!!!}probably played a big role in that.
Granted it seemed to rain all day yesterday to the point where dispite taking my running gear w/ me to work w/ the intention for hiking to deepest,darkest Roxboro post work it just seemed pointless,when I left work at 3.40pm as it was still raining but by the time I got off the #34 trolley at 4.25pm it had at least eased to a soft rain,the type I could ,ve dealth w/ had I,ve gone to Roxboro,deep down I know if the Coldplay ticket issue hadn,t have been on the table I would,ve gone to Roxboro,as it was I didn,t and I,m now gonna come up short not only on track workouts this week{2 providing I get to Roxboro tomorrow to do my 4x1 mile repeats} but also my weekly milage 25 not 30.......at least getting home at 4.30pm and not 7.30pm meant still managing to snare a floor seat for Coldplay so it,s not all bad.
Today I opted in a week of change to again change things up re my 5 miler,having had meets the past three Saturdays it was nice to enjoy a lie in till 10am which nixed an early morning run,I opted post food shopping to conduct my 5 miler,it,s rare to get out and run in the early afternoon,most of my workouts tend to be early morning/early evening so I hadn,t factored in the Farmers Market in Clark Park,rather than do the tried and tested 10x bottom loop I wanted to stick w/ the 6x whole loop I,d been doing doing this week but the prospect of having to go wide past the Farmers Market lead me to reroute myself up Woodlands Ave upto the VA Hospital and back down to 43rd St three times,however one slices and dices it a 5 mile run is a 5 mile run and I for one was happy to say I,d done mine for the day.

No comments: