Thursday, May 29, 2008

Caterpillar Girl

Another warm evening on the track as I conducted my 2x1,000m repeats.
There were a myriad of thoughts and emotions at play going into this workout,front burner my 1,500m race Saturday morning,back burner the fact I,m doing the work of two people this week while Chris aka my"Moral Compass" is enjoying a well earnt week off,I won,t front mine is a physical job and having two do twice as much this week is a concern going into this weekends meet,these however are the cards I,ve been dealth.
After my stretches and mile warm up and mile of strides it was straight into the opening repeat,1.10,1.10,31 splits would give me a 2.51 repeat,I went 69,1.13,30 for 2.52.56,that,s pretty damn close,last Friday I went 68,1.11,33-2.52.83.
Following my recovery and yes I take all 12 minutes I had to make a decision on repeat #2,balls to the wall or take a little off given the close proximity of Saturdays race,yes you want to push yourself in your workouts but you also don,t want to leave it all on the track in training,you need to keep something for the race......
1.11,1.12,35-2.58.24,last Friday I went 1.10,1.15,31-2.56.95,I,m reasonably happy w/ that,it,s the old chicken and egg syndrome,if I didn,t have the race Saturday I,d have pushed harder,but I,m in the same boat again next week,my preposed Mon,Wed rotation will put me in the same position again next week,a 2x1,000m repeat Wed w/ an 800m race Friday.
The hard work in training this week is done,tomorrow,s an easy 3 miler b4 the now mandatory big arse bowl of pasta,feet up reasonably early nite,I just hope tomorrow is an easy work day.

No comments: