Friday, May 9, 2008

Waiting For Tomorrow

As stated often by yours truly it takes more than a little rain to keep me from my appointed workout,today was no different,only a 3 miler on tap but it was important to get it in period as it was a pre race stretch of the legs but also as it now stands I have 23 miles for the week,a mile warm up and my 1,500m race will give me 25 miles and providing conditions are favorable post race I may pull a University Of Delaware move and crank out a longer warm down run,say 5 miles to give me my requisit 30 miles for the week and a rest day Sunday.....but this is all to be determined post race,running the race is my bigger concern right now.
I find myself in the same spot I was in last week,not sure what to expect race and time wise this early in the season,it was July 7th last year b4 I ran a 1,500m so I,m almost 2 months ahead of that schedule this year.
Last week pre race I seeded myself at 2.06 for the 800m b4 turning in a 2.03.07 performance,I,m seeding myself at 4.20 for tomorrows 1,500m in the hope of running faster,a lot may depend on conditions and competition two things I have no control over,neither today or tomorrow but know I,ve already earmarked my potential splits at 300m,700m and 1,100m in the hope I,ll be close to them after the gun goes off around 10am.

No comments: