Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Laugh In The Face Of Death

The venue and day may have changed but the torture is the same,6x600m,welcome to The Death Zone.
Following on from my previous 6x600m where I cranked out 3 1.46s b4 seeing the wheels fall off I opted to go for it again tonite,call it wreckless,call it Hammer Time,call me crazy,call me Prime Time I feel it,s time to crank things up and see how I respond.
Conditions were grey and overcast when I reached Roxboro gone 5pm,mercifully the CYO brigade were in short supply tonite,I think their big meet is coming up this Saturday so hopefully my next three repeat workouts here won,t be too effected by them,following my stretches,mile warm up and mile of strides it was"have at it" time.....strewth a 66 second opening 400m,followed by a 30 second 200m....1.36.89,talk about your"starter for ten fingers on the buzzers"now could I keep that pace?
69 seconds and 33 seconds for my 400m/200m splits on repeat #2 1.42.56,this was boldly going where I hadn,t been b4,this continues and it,ll become manditory to listen to The Cure b4 EVERY workout!!!!I swear my feet haven,t touched the ground since Saturdays AWESOME show at The Spectrum,in fact they were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME I,m going to New York next month to catch them end the tour at Radio City Music Hall b4 hoping a subway ride to Ichan Stadium the following day for the MAC C,ships.
Anyways keeping w/ the here and now 1.11 at 400m b4 a 32 second closing 200m for 1.43.02 on #3,here,s where the wheels fell off last time,history however would not repeat today.....take that Death!!!!
1.13 at 400m, 34 second closing 200m,slowing slightly but 1.47.13,I was already ahead of two weeks ago,if the wheels came off now and I went 4/6 I could live w/ that as I,d improved on the 3/6 from April 29th.
1.17 at 400m and yes I was feeling it,a 37 second closing 200m,1.54.77,could I muster a final sub 1.50 on #6???
1.14 at 400m,I knew it was there for the taking but I,d have to work for it,b4 a 34 second closing 200m 1.48.18,yeah baby!!!5/6,did somebody say Granny Smiths?cos you gotta love them apples!!!!
Next week or the week after whenever I next step into "The Death Zone"I,ll aim to go 6/6 clearly I,m getting there and I aim to keep pushing the envelope.

No comments: