Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Caged Tigers And Brave Lions

Another day for enjoying my running,sometimes there,s no better reason to be out there other than the sheer love of it,today was such a day,no agenda,no pace, no goals just a run for the sake of running.
Glorious weather and a good cd on the ipod never hurt either,Kate Voegele,s "Don,t Look Away" provided the soundtrack to my 6 loops around Clark Park although I was responible for the "one caged tiger goes round the outside,round the outside,round the outside"ditty to the tune of Malcolm McLaren,s "Buffalo Girls"the caged tiger reference goes to my day long battle w/ the forces of nature that seemed hell bent on driving me to "maniacal macphisto"persona,in life it should be noted that"other people can push your buttons,only you can activate them".
My brave lion reference goes to John Terry of Chelski and England,last Wednesday in front of millions of people around the world he suffered the crulest of fates,slipping as he took what could,ve been the game winning penalty for Chelski in the Champions League final,his slip and subsequent miss allowed Man Utd to snatch the Champions League title away from them,fast forward seven days John Terry not only captained England for the first time in his career but he scored the first of two goals as the Three Lions beat the USA 2.0 at Wembley.
I recall when JT first broke into the Chelski starting eleven several years ago,I said then he was destined to not only replace Tony Adams in the center of the England defence but he,d also one day replace Tony Adams as Captain of his country,today that dream came true,in the face of a public and private hell John Terry hauled himself up by the boot laces and stared down his demons,my kind of hero,my kind of role model,mad props,big ups and much respect to him.

No comments: