Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Old Man Winter 1 Top Cat 0

Leave it to the weather to knawls up everything,asides from the no run of any discript yesterday I had killer title all lined up too,since schools were closed for MLK Day and I,d found a cinder track to workout on I was looking at a working title of "No School For The Masses Old School For Top Cat"....catchy eh? leave it to accu weather to balls that all up{I,m minding my p's and q's as ye olde blog is getting feature on Ken Stone's Master,s Track Blog quite a bit these days!!!}.
Having opted against a run of any kind by mid afternoon w/ the snow still falling you can imagine my disgust to the fact by the time I was walking home it had stopped,by now it was too late to re redo my plans,food shopping had replaced a run{I cannot live on Gatorade and Power Bars alone!!}and it was now gone 5pm,in these temps I want to be out the door by 4.50pm b4 sundown and the considerable cooldown.
However I had plenty to keep me warm and toasty,a copy of Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile starting line up,I,m seeded 4th behind John Hinton,Jim Sorensen and Alain Boucher.
Unofficial word out of New York,we,re in for the Millrose Masters 4x400m relay.............whee!!!
And the icing on my {New York}Cheesecake/Carrot Cake,tomorrow sees "The Queen Of The Slipstream"revert to her original persona of"My Girl Tuesday"..........the heat off of my smile as I write this could melt the ice outside................

No comments: