Monday, January 19, 2009

Back Into The System

Ah!! to be able to get out and run again....and how!
Way back when{Oct 1st 06}I got my first taste of West Philly running,Seebs,Kevin Jude and Alan met up for their morning run and I tagged along,running up to Cobbs Creek and eventually back down Woodland Ave.
Somewhere in that vast empty vessel of a brain of mine I recalled the section along Cobbs Creek and a cinder track,fast forward to Jan 17th 09 eager to get a run in after 4 days of unreasonably cold temps I made a welcome venture outdoors.
Sweet,not only did I find the cinder track but check out this for good fortune,on my run from 58th and Cedar Ave to Cobbs Creek I found a laundromat and a catholic church.............proving once and again that cleanliness is indeed next to godliness...........or at least 3 blocks apart..........once an Irish Catholic,always an Irish Catholic.....who likes clean clothes!!!
I figured the 5 blocks up and short trek along CC to the cinder track is give or take .5 of a mile,4 miles on the track and said .5 of a mile home,bingo 5 miles.....who dosen,t love it when a plan comes together!!!
As for ye olde cinder track,I,m gussing it,s a full 400m/440 yard track,right on my door step minus 5 blocks,aside from my easy 5 milers I may take advantage of it for repeats untill Franklin field becomes more viable,we,ll see if it yeilds a 4x400m workout manana?

No comments: