Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year,New Goals,Same Ole Top Cat

True to my word I took today off from training,if only thanks to a barometer that read 31 degrees,had the mercury risen higher I,d have been out at either St Joes or Clark Park,that said it was 2am b4 I hit the zzzs{not bad for just me and Hobbes....the other cat down here in the basement!!!}and 11.30am b4 surfacing today so prehaps the tone was set for an all too rare fuck off day,I think Thanksgiving was my last one b4 today and lord only knows when the next one is coming from!!!
Having reflected on the year that was in my previous two blog entries allow me to look ahead to the coming year,Jan knuckling down to hard serious training and rebuilding upon the solid foundations I laid in 08,successful ventures to The Armory,Hartshorne and Millrose.
Feb,more hard work on the track in training as I only have one scheduled meet at the Armory, however there,s XC Winter Nationals in Md to look forward to.March Masters Invitational in Boston,MAC C,ships in NYC and Masters Nationals in Md as Top Cat logs some serious travel miles!!!
April,outdoor track beckons,I antisipate a wicked Penn Relays for GPTC w/ the current crop of 400m guys we have on the roster,May kicking training up a notch for the summer,June warm up races at 800m and 1,500m,July Masters Nationals at 1,500m and the 4x800m b4 jetting off to Lathi Finland to take on the world.
August,hill repeats on Belmont Plateau in prep for the up coming XC season,Sept 5th Avenue Mile,October XC season,November,more XC but one eye on the up coming indoor season which kicks off in December.
It,s a lot to take on but it,s what I do,each year I set the bar a little higher for myself by my own acomplishments the previous season...it,s fortunate heights don,t scare me!

No comments: