Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Making The Most Of It

Given that the next 4 days are looking way too cold to be out running period,muchless track workouts I made sure to take full advantage of the 43 degree temps this afternoon to knock out a 5 miler around Clark Park.
Given the debarcle of yesterday,and the fact I may not run again till Sunday if I,m lucky it would,ve been all too easy to blow today and the week off and say rest up................bullshit! I,m reasonable confident reigning world indoor and outdoor 1,500m 45-49 champ Jose Burrego dosen,t adopt such an attitude and while the eastern seaboard of the mid atlantic can,t compete w/ sunny Spain I need to be ready to train each and every day,at the drop of a hat if need be.
Tonite allowed me to visulize the upcoming Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile,as of today I don,t know who,ll be there so I need to work on several different potential sinereos of how that race might pan out and how I,ll deal w/ that,but as they say that,s for another day,for now I,m on weather watch.

No comments: