Saturday, January 3, 2009

Keep On Keeping On

An unexpected surprize in the old email bag this morning,a second successive Mid Atlantic High Performance Masters Track Athlete Of The Year award...the email not the actual award it,s self!!!
I say it,s a surprize in 07 I learnt of my award in early December,when Dec 08 came and went w/out word of it I thought someone else had won,turns out my efforts and endevours for 08 were recognized and now duly rewarded.
I,m greatful for any and all nominations and subsequent awards my running bring,to be regognized by ones peers is always rewarding,I,m greatful that "divisional politics" didn,t effect my nomination or subsequent victory,I,m only sorry I won,t be on hand to collect my award as it clashes w/ Hartshorne Memorial Mile,hey ho I won,t be the first awardee not to be present to claim his or her award.
An early afternoon 5 miler around Clark Park to clean out any leftover lactated acid from my legs that yesterdays 4x400m repeats that might,ve remained.
Dib gave me his honest opinion on yesterdays efforts,short term far from what was required,long term a step in the right direction if that sub 4 minute mile at 45 is about to become reality.
W/ workout and shower taken care of all that,s required is the time honoured tradition of getting my bag ready,having a big arsed pasta pre race meal,copping some FA Cup footie{big up to the N.17 boys last nite,much shite was talked b4 kick off and yet come the final whistle we not Wigan go into the 4th round draw.....YIDS!}and continuing to work on my running log,ah yes long b4 the days of the blog was my trusty running log which I still unhold.
The Armory and New York City beckon manana.....it,s good to be alive!

No comments: