Monday, January 5, 2009

After The Lord Mayors Show

Just like Eminem said in one of my battle anthems "8 Mile""snap back to reality"
Like all great races yesterday you should savour the moment but then move on so today it was the reality of a 5 miler around Clark Park post work in the dark at 5pm,these are the runs I,ve laid the foundations of my season upon,after a few weeks of work and weather knawlsing up my schedule I feel a new committment to my training now,I never lost sight of Worlds but post 5th Avenue Mile and my first 6 xc races when it should be pointed out reality came crashing down around my ears I now wake up every day thinking "World,s in July/August"
I can,t help but feel writing my reviews of the 08 season and my preview of the 09 season has heightened my awareness of what,s on the horizon and while there,s alot of miles between now and then and I need to focus on the next race first b4 looking at the bigger picture,that said one eye on the present,one eye on the future never hurt either.
I,d like to repeat my 4x400m repeats tomorrow,mother nature might have a say in that so we,ll have to see what developes

No comments: