Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ber,Ger And Der

Back to reality,getting up at 5.25am and heading to work,the elite masters athlete weekend was well and truly over!!!.
Props from my peeps via email and my co workers who know that I run,I don,t hit people over the head w/ the fact I,m considered a big deal in the realm of masters miling,at the end of the day I still have to put in a full days shift here in the loading dock so that there,s a roof over my head,food on the table and money to afford me flights to and from my races when needed.
The temps dipped again,it,s SOOOOOOOOO frustrating,I did toy w/ the notion of getting out there for even just a 5 miler,however my road trip this weekend meant a stop at the food store to stock up was on tap and frankly the fact that at 4.45pm even w/ 2 pairs of gloves on my finger tips were really cold didn,t bode well for a run.
The 5 day forecast isn,t great shakes either,snow today,turning to ice,freezing rain b4 eventually rain tomorrow,I can pretty much stick a fork in today and tomorrow w/ the hope of an easy 5 miler Thursday b4 Millrose on Friday,as Chuck pointed out in an email Saturday we,re not going to get any faster this week so easy does it would be the way to go,I just want to get out and run.
In the week leading upto Millrose it should come as no great surprize that my screen saver is a picture of Eamonn winning one of his seven Wanamaker Miles{the cynics may wonder why "The Chairman"isn,t my permanent screen saver,I would counter that Eamonn,s signifigence is seldom far from my being!!}anyways,for a year now I,ve anxiously awaited his long overdue autobiography"The Chairman Of The Boards"which was touted for release in late 2008.............
Said autobiography was indeed released in Eamonn,s native Ireland b4 the end of the year,but as yet shows no sign of a US release................................................................................................................
HELLO!!!Millrose Games this Friday!!would it not,ve made sence to release it this week????I once joked my dream job would,ve been to write Eamonn,s biography,prehaps I should,ve offered to be the publisist instead,jaysus.
For the record I ordered my copy online from Ireland,I can,t wait to read it,I,m gussing it,d be too much to hope it,ll arrive b4 I leave for Madison Square Gardens Friday lunch time?

No comments: