Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Afternoon At The Improv

Following a late nite seeing The Church I was up at a reasonable hour this morning to take"the little girl"aka my kitten Precious to the vets which is why I had the day off.
After catching up on some of my backlog of dvr'd tv shows I was out the door by 2pm to fulfill my hill repeat.
Frankly if the weather continues like this by the time March 1st rolls around I should be able to return to Temple for midweek track repeats but if we do get more snow between now and then I'd be happy to repeat this repeat,12 x Catherine St hill.

Since I began using Cobbs Creek Parkway just over two years ago this hill roughly half a mile in on my 6,8,9,10 mile runs has presented an ideal hill for hill repeats and now seemed as good a time as any to make good on that,as was evident last Thursday I need leg turnover and I need it now ergo the trek to Lower Merion on Sunday and the hill repeats today,if I can't get to a track I'll do this.
The plan was 12 x the hill w/ a jog back down,eyeballing it I thought 200m which would come out to 3 miles,keep heading out along CCP to the 3 mile turnaround I could have 3 miles of hill repeats and 6 miles of regular road work for 9 miles.
Judging from my 30 second average the hill may've been closer to 180m,it'll do until the track at Temple is snow free.
My repeats went as follows:
28.95-30.44-30.34-31.33-29.88-30.59-31.92-31.29-29.11-30.02-30.68-30.05.

I did them all in one go rather than split them up in to 3 sets of 4 or 2 sets of 6 and even though they weren't an accurate 200m or on a track they were even,you never want them to look like an EKG chart and to that end today was a success 28.95 through 31.33,6 of them at 30 seconds.
I was pleased w/ my overall performance but more pleased w/ the fact I'd gotten the repeats in,Thursday's 2.06.0 800m means no more excuses unless the hill is a sheet of ice.
Since tomorrow I'm picking "the little girl" up from the vets it'll be another afternoon run,make hay while the sun shines I say

No comments: