Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Religion


Great shot of The Church live who rocked The Troc this evening,more of that in a moment.
Opted for an 10 miler,had scheduled some hill repeats and an easy 6 miler but opted to defer that till tomorrow,I recall doing back to back repeats on Memorial Day weekend on the Saturday and Monday and feeling flat on Monday so having just come off of Sunday's 12x400m repeats I felt another days rest b4 tackling 12x the hill opposite Catherine Street was the way to go,plus I have the luxury of doing them on a day off from work and taking care of them in the early afternoon.
As for the 10 miler I ran it at a decent clip,if yesterday was about working the gunk out of my legs from Saturday's 16 miler and Sunday's track repeats today was about getting out there and and pushing the pace a little as I begin to focus on my next race a 3,000m at The Armory next Thursday,I'll talk more that closer to the time.
As for The Church they were awesome,it's criminal that so few people know who they are and yet this "Future Past Perfect"tour is to celebrate 30 years together, maybe as a bigger name this show wouldn't have made the intimate setting of The Trocadero which worked well for the show they performed.
I've seen bands do whole albums{cds as you young folk call them now a days}but never seen a band perform three whole albums.
Kicking off w/ their most recent offering"Untitled 23" this was the one album I wasn't sure about,I've heard it less than their 90s offering "Priest=Aura" and the album that introduced not only me but most people outside of their native Australia to them 88s "Starfish" but frankly that album never sounded as good as it did tonite and I'm sure when I hear it again on my ipod it'll sound different.
"Priest=Aura" sounded great,it was the albums longest tracks "Aura''"The Disillusionist"and "Chaos" that stood out the most for me and then came"Starfish"
This is a great album,it should be in most peoples music collection,often described as a lush psychedelic sound the album just washes over you and to see it performed live was just a treat,I strongly recommend anyone to check out "Starfish" and The Church the next time they tour.....the mass has ended go in peace!

No comments: