Monday, February 7, 2011

Onwards

Following a late nite I was up at 7.30am to conduct my 11 miler w/ Francis.
The sidewalks of Boston were like ice rinks at times but thankfully neither of us fell,there were a few slips and close calls but we managed to stay vertical.
Using Francis's GPS we worked our way from our hotel to Cleveland Circle and then Commonwealth Avenue,anyone who's ran the Boston marathon or knows the Boston marathon will recognize those land marks,after 3 Boston marathons it was unique to run the Newton hills from the other direction this time out.
11 miles for the morning,50 for the week and then the drive back to New York b4 the bus ride back to Philly.

Having spent the weekend away from home I took the day off today to play catch up on a Andrex bog roll list of"to do things" but all of them had to wait till after my run,a 10 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway.
The temperatures over the last few days have helped melt the snow which means providing there's no new snow/ice fall between now and Saturday a track repeat could be on the cards,failing that a hill repeat at the least,the fact I've ran two 4.33 miles in just over month but haven't been able to do any repeats since Dec 24th underlines my"the need for speed"
Another 10 miler on tap tomorrow b4 a rest day on Wednesday and then my first 800m of the indoor season.

No comments: