Thursday, February 17, 2011

Afternoon Delight

I refer to a run of course.....I'd have to be lucky to get lucky,that said I did find myself working up a good sweat,elevating my heart rate and being slightly out of breath at the climax....sorry the end....and I may've exalted the lord's name once or twice during!!!
Another day off meant hitting Cobbs Creek Parkway at lunchtime after picking up Precious from the vets,she had a Ovariohystercectomy a fancy term for being spayed,$422 on top of the $465 I paid on her last visit, a serious dent in my Australia fund but a healthy kitten,the $$$s will find their way back to my account,I can't put a price on "the little girl's" health and well being,I want her to live a long and healthy life just like her big brother Hobbes who God willing will be 17 in June.

A glorious afternoon to run,66 degrees unheard of in mid February,while yesterday saw me shed my gloves and thermal skull cap,today saw my jacket get discarded and frankly tomorrow I think my warm up bottoms will get left behind....of course as I plan to hit the track on Saturday the wind is scheduled to pick up,can't have it all I guess.
Since tomorrow is another day off and Saturday nite I'm off to Atlantic City to get my jig on to Flogging Molly I'm doing my long run tomorrow and hitting the track at Lower Merion on Saturday,trust me I'm not scheduled to get home till 4am.....now you know why I want Sunday as my rest day!

No comments: