Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Whiter Shade For Pale

Just when I thought I could start planning two a weeks on the track I awoke to a freshly laid blanket of snow all over this morning.
Thankfully we only got a few inches and frankly if we get the rain they're calling for on Thursday and Friday it could be all gone by the time I plan to hit either Lower Merion or Temple on Saturday.

By the time I hit Cobbs Creek Parkway for my 8 miler at 4.20pm it was 35 degrees and sunny, a far cry from the overcast skies and slight chill in the air yesterday and despite the snow on the ground it wasn't too bad,at times conditions were a little slick underfoot but given this was my last run b4 Thursdays race I wasn't looking to brake any land speed records...or bones,caution was the watch word of the day,it always is but on the eve of a race my sense of caution goes up a level or two.

Rest day tomorrow,a few chores post work in place of my run and my usual pre race Pasta meal,there's nothing on tv tomorrow so a few hours to catch up on my dvr and a chance to relax b4 my only legit crack at sub 9 for 3,000m this season....no pressure....

No comments: