Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

"Slip sliding away,slip sliding away,you know the nearer your destination the more you're slip sliding away"
Slip Slidin' Away-Paul Simon
The less said about yesterday the better.....let's put it this way had I've ran and blogged the working title for my blog entry was either "BOLLOCKS!""Talking Bollocks As Usual" or "A Load Of Old Bollocks" yep it was one of those days,the fact a simple 50 minute commute took twice as long meant even though I left work at 3.10pm it was 5pm when I arrived home and then to compound my day I experienced technical difficulties w/ my pc so I couldn't get on line last nite,thank christ Groundhog Day is today not yesterday as if I had to relive that day I'd end up wearing an orange jumpsuit doing roadside detail somewhere on a chain gang!!!
Thankfully today wasn't repeat of yesterday,at work,the commute home or w/ the weather,look at me batting a thousand...w/ Spring Training just around the corner.
Since I'd secured an early departure.....everybody....early bird special I was home by 3.55pm and out on the road by 4.05pm,given my early start and the fact sunset is now 5.15pm I figured why not hit Cobbs Creek Parkway for my out and back 10 miler,it's closer to home and I wanted to do a recon mission for tomorrow if I get out early again{the way this week has gone it's a good chance!}and for my 6 miler on Friday.
At times the course was akin to a bad ice rink ice,slush water,nothing like a shoe full of icy water early on in to a 10 mile run but at least I was out running after having to shelve yesterday,frankly I think I got the better end of the deal w/ today,any time I can don my shades in February it's a good day!!
10 miler taken care of I'm still on course for a 50 mile week and I snagged a rest day prior to the race in Boston on Saturday,the weather should allow another 10 miler tomorrow and an easy 6 miler Friday on my way to Boston via New York.

No comments: