Saturday, February 12, 2011

Six Of One,Half A Dozen Of Another

Well,the plan was get up at a reasonable hour this morning and head out to the main line to find a track I could use for my repeats,it's all well and good harping on about a lack of speed if I'm not going to do something about it.....however!
Since I was balls arsed tired when I got home from New York on Thursday nite it was last nite b4 I wrote Thursdays blog entry w/ yesterdays to follow hard on it's heels......cue my pc acting up,just as I got to the end of Thursdays entry but before I could hit publish post I lost my AOL connection and w/ it the whole blog entry......cue a few choice anti social black hearted born again celtic pagan phrases aimed at the pc!!!
The upshot of this was I now had 2 entries to write and w/ a workout on tap this morning make that 3,that's a lot to do in one sitting so I opted to still get up early and knock out Thursday and Friday's entries and then hit the Art Museum Loop for my 16 miler today in order to hit the main line tomorrow morning for my 12x400m repeats.

Time will tell if it's wise to run a 16 miler and then repeats but frankly there wasn't much choice,hopefully I can kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone by heading out to the main line tomorrow and catch"The Fighter" as it's playing in Wayne,I'd wanted to see it when it first came out but never found the time but w/ the Oscars coming up in 2 weeks time I thought it'd be neat to catch it b4 then,there was a plan to see it this evening but it seems daft to head all the way out there tonite only to head back that way tomorrow morning for my repeats so tomorrow it is for the main line for my repeats and a movie.

16 miler was easy enough it was 10.20am when I hit the road,conditions were grey but mild out there but a lot more runner friendly than my last 16 miler 2 weeks ago.
So officially I'm done for the evening, a little dinner,some tv and my feet up b4 returning to the realm of repeats for the first time in 7 weeks.....this ought to be interesting to say the least!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

'The Fighter' is an awesome movie. Fire up the Whitesnake!

kevin f said...

Party on Wayne!!