Saturday, February 19, 2011

Going Long.....On A Friday

Thanks to a quirk of schedule I found myself w/ yesterday off work and due to a last minute change in plans regarding my Saturday trip to Atlantic City it made scheduling my weekly 16 miler a lot more practical,frankly getting home around 4am on Sunday morning does little for the prospect of a 16 miler later in the day so by knocking out the 16 miler Friday and hitting Lower Merion Saturday I'll have logged my 65 miles for the week and for the first time in a long time Sunday will be a rest day.

The freakishly good weather continued,it hit the mid 60s yesterday afternoon,although prior to my 1pm departure it was grey and overcast so it didn't feel ready to embrace the time honoured three Ss shades,short sleeves and shorts,maybe a bit soon to subject the running public to my paleness in mid February,there will be plenty of time for that over the coming months.
For a Friday afternoon I was surprised at the number of runners,cyclists and lone rollerblader out there taking advantage of the good conditions,clearly I was not alone in getting the day off.

54 miles so far this week w/ 11 more on tap at Lower Merion tomorrow to round me out at 65 for the week w/ 2 sets of repeats in the mix,it's funny looking back at last years training log as I got ready for the Mac C'ships on March 6th and again the week after I upped my mileage to prep for Indoor Nationals,on both occasions I pr'd in the 3,000m,9.13 and 9.11 this time out the steaks are a little higher as I'm chasing a sub 9 3,000m,something to ponder on the 400m repeats later today.

No comments: