Monday, February 21, 2011

Cloudbusting



A live shot of Flogging Molly,I was much closer to the stage at the House Of Blues on Saturday nite than this photo....and I lived to tell the tale,to say it gets lively down the front at a Flogging Molly gig is a bit like saying it gets busy in rush hour in downtown Manhattan!!
I also didn't get home till 4am so thankfully yesterday was a scheduled day off,if push came the shove I could've ran,I did last year when I got home at 3am after seeing Flogging Molly in Atlantic City but having ran for six days Monday through Saturday and clocking 65 miles there was no need and w/ that a well earned day off was the order of the day.

No such luxury today, a 10 miler on tap after the great weather of last week,old man winter was back to remind us he isn't through w/ us just yet,and after 66 degrees on Friday it was 36 degrees this afternoon and grey and overcast w/ a slight chill in the air that said four weeks ago I ran 10 miles in 23 degrees so really how bad was it today??
Obviously the threat of snow overnight and in to the morning puts a crimp on tomorrows planned 8 miler,I really don't want to have to miss a day tomorrow and then run 8 miles Wednesday prior to my sub 9 attempt at 3,000m at The Armory but I can only play the hand I'm dealt so fingers crossed it's not as bad as the weather people are calling for.

No comments: