Monday, February 6, 2012

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover





I'm probably the last person you'd expect to watch anything on PBS's Masterpiece Theater but I've become an avid fan of "Downton Abbey"recently.


I wish I'd seen the first season but sadly that got by me last year however as I watch season two on Channel 23 each Wednesday I'm piecing together what I missed in season one as season two unfolds.


When I was a nipper "Upstairs Downstairs" was a popular tv show about the upper class{Upstairs}and their servants{Downstairs} I didn't get what all the fuss was about and was probably too young to fully appreciate it in the same way I turned my nose up at "old movies" if they were old they couldn't be all that was my typical teenage attitude,a few years later I surprised even myself by watching "Brideshead Revisited" and loved it,fast forward to respectable middle age and Downton Abbey which I'm totally enjoying and looking forward to a third season next year.




Easy 10 miler this evening,keeping in mind an old adage my ex coach used to say about easy runs"no matter how slow you're running.....it's probably too fast!!!"


The easiest thing would've been not to have ran at all since Spurs were playing Liverpool on Espn 2 as I was home in time for the second half,I could've come up w/ some bullshit excuse not to run along the lines of "I'm saving my legs for Thursday's race" but that kind of crap results in not getting on the podium at Nationals and I'm working too hard to let that happen in just over 5 weeks time so no excuses and a 10 mile run it was......and Spurs drew 0.0!!!





No comments: