Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Going Through The Roof

The "week from hell" continues unabated hence my blood pressure continuing to rise......looks like I picked the wrong week to cut back my mileage,a 10 mile run yesterday or today would've felt soooo good!
However since I'd not only elected to cut my weekly mileage back from 50 mpw to 35 mpw but also opted for repeats it was off to the track at Temple post work for some mile repeats.
It wasn't till post workout I realized these were my first mile repeats since January 7th when I only mustered:5.24.3-5.47.1-5.53.8-5.41.5- far from earth shattering and well w/in my range to lower this time out five and a half weeks later.

Conditions were a far cry from Sundays sub zero snow and ice bastard head wind when I hit the track at 3.30pm,I wasn't sure if I'd get on the track as Temple's athletes were working out but in that old adage "just look like you know what your doing" I dropped by back pack off in the infield at the foot of the pole vault runway and began my mile warm up nobody else was using lane one and four laps later nobody raised any objections to my using the track so have it I said.

Mile #1 1.16-1.22-1.24-1.21-5.23.0.Ok not earth shattering but a start,from little acorns big trees grow.

Mile #2 1.23-1.27-1.27-1.20-5.37.3.I said back in December when I resumed mile repeats that once I eliminated the 1.24 plus laps I'd be on the right track,over the coming weeks I hope to work on that.

Mile #3 1.21-1.26-1.28-1.24-5.39.9.I felt I let this one get away from me in the final lap as I was three seconds up at the half,again w/ more mile repeats under my belt over the coming weeks I hope to get stronger.

Mile #4 1.22-1.28-1.25-1.17-5.32.7.While 5.32.7. is a far cry from where I'd like to be at least a 1.17 to close is a step in the right direction.

W/ more mile repeats on tap over the coming weeks both pre and post Indoor Nationals the aim is to lower my splits,like I said today was a start and start as you mean to go on I always say.

No comments: