Sunday, February 26, 2012

Repeat After Me

Ok so no truth to the vicious rumours I'm in the market for a new tv after putting my size 10's through the screen of my present one when Gary Oldman didn't win the Oscar for best actor at tonite's Oscars.......I knew two weeks ago after the BAFTA's {British Acadamy Film Television Awards} that Jean Dujardin would win for "The Artist" as more often then not said Bafta's tend to be a blueprint for the Oscars and this year proved to be no different.
That said it was rewarding to finally see Gary Oldman nominated for an Oscar after years of truly outstanding performances that were somehow overlooked by the Academy.

Catching up on the last few days, after another fruitless apartment appointment on Friday I put my frustrations into an easy 6 miler despite the rain,it felt somehow cathartic after yet again having my hopes of finding a new place to call not only home but more importantly my own fell well short of my expectations......back to the drawing board.....or at least Craigslist!!
Saturday got stricken from the books somewhat surprisingly, I woke up early enough to allow myself a few hours of down time at the pc scanning through the apartments on Craigslist b4 my intestinal fortitude went south on me maybe the frustration of not being able to find anywhere,anyway the upshot was I lay down a 12.30pm and woke up at 4.50pm,maybe I needed the rest?

W/ Saturdays repeats shot I opted to reschedule them for today it was a choice between much needed speedwork or an easy 12 miler,I have plenty of long runs logged since mid August so I went w/ the repeats and made my way over to trust Temple track for 4x1 mile repeats.
Conditions were sunny and probably just a shade below 40 degrees when I arrived at 11.30am following my mile warm up I shed my fleece,gloves and warm up bottoms b4 launching into it.

#1 mile 1.23-1.28-1.20-1.26-5.37.1.Uneven would sum up my opener,last time out I went:5.23.0-5.37.3-5.39.9.-5.32.7. clearly there was room for improvement.

#2 mile 1.20-1.27-1.26-1.18-5.31.7.Once again it was those two middle laps that screwed me while I'm pleased I lowered my split by 6 seconds there still seems to be an issue w/ laps 2 & 3.

#3 mile 1.24-1.26-1.25-1.19-5.34.5.Slow opener but at least I responded somewhat on the middle two laps,still looking to put it altogether over four laps........

#4 mile 1.20-1.26-1.27-1.14-5.27.5.A 10 second improvement from my opener and a 1.14 to close this is more like it but I need all four mile at this pace just for starters.

Yes today was an improvement over the same repeat last Wednesday but I need to keep seeing improvements,I have mile repeats scheduled again next Sunday and hope to see more improvements.

No comments: